Welcome to The Minnesota Academic Excellence Foundation
The Minnesota Academic Excellence Foundation (MAEF) is a non-profit organization that promotes academic excellence in Minnesota public and nonpublic schools and communities through public-private partnerships.
The Minnesota Academic Excellence Foundation collaborates with business, education and community to identify and promote excellence in education and growth in Minnesota student achievement.
Nine Minnesota Students Earn the American Indian Ethel Curry Scholarship for Academic Excellence.
The 2011 Ethel Curry Scholars:
• Katherine Beane – University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
• Katie Cannon – University of Minnesota, School of Medicine
• Sara Scully – Augsburg College
• Francis Folstrom – Leech Lake Tribal College
• Donovan Sather – Bemidji State University
• Thomas Jones – Bemidji State University
• Shannon Geshick Bullen – Metropolitan State University
• Bryan Archambault – Leech Lake Tribal
• Leila Northbird – Bemidji State University
View the press release
Ethel Curry Scholarship Information
The Minnesota Academic Excellence Foundation (MAEF) is a non-profit organization that promotes academic excellence in Minnesota public and nonpublic schools and communities through public-private partnerships. The MAEF Board of Directors selected the Ethel Curry Scholars based on the scholarship criteria. Ethel Curry Scholars must meet the following requirements to be eligible:
• Enrolled in a Minnesota-based tribe or community
• Possess a minimum grade point average of 3.0 or higher
• Filed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
• Applied for assistance from the Minnesota Indian Scholarship Program
MDE Celebration School Award
The Minnesota Department of Education (MDE) and the Minnesota Academic Excellence Foundation (MAEF) invite applications for the MDE Celebration School Award. The purposeof the Award is to identify Minnesota Title I schools that have demonstrated excellence on Minnesota's new Multiple Measurement Rating (MMR) and, have exhibited success with initiatives that have led to positive student outcomes. Schools that have earned the Celebration Eligible status are highly encouraged to apply for this award. For more information and to download the application please visit the Minnesota Department of Education website.